Thermage FLX in Singapore:
Tighten sagging skin without surgery
Thermage FLX is a premier and effective skin tightening treatment that combats the loss of skin elasticity in order to effectively treat wrinkles and loose skin around the eyes, face, neck and body.
Using patented monopolar radiofrequency (RF) technology, the non-invasive treatment safely heats up the deeper, collagen-rich layers of the skin to reveal a smoother, younger, and tighter looking skin. With no downtime, the effects continue to improve for up to six months following a single procedure that can last up to 1 to 2 years.
Thermage FLX is a premier and effective skin tightening treatment that combats the loss of skin elasticity in order to effectively treat wrinkles and loose skin around the eyes, face, neck and body. Using patented monopolar radiofrequency (RF) technology, the non-invasive treatment safely heats up the deeper, collagen-rich layers of the skin to reveal a smoother, younger, and tighter looking skin. With no downtime, the effects continue to improve for up to six months following a single procedure that can last up to 1 to 2 years.
What is Thermage FLX?
Available in Singapore, Thermage is the first radiofrequency (RF) device that treats periorbital, facial and body wrinkles, and provides temporary improvement in the appearance of cellulite. As compared to bipolar RF, Thermage FLX’s monopolarity provides deeper penetration into the skin to heat dermal tissue down to the subcutaneous fat and tissue.
As ageing occurs, the collagen in your body that keeps the skin firm breaks down, which causes the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. With no cutting or needles, the non-surgical Thermage system focuses heat to specific areas of the skin to kickstart the body’s natural collagen renewal process for younger looking skin. When heat is applied in the skin’s deeper layers, existing collagen is remodeled while encouraging new collagen production, which results in an improvement in the appearance of loose or sagging skin.
How does Thermage FLX work?
Thermage treatment starts with the placement of a grid, which guides the application of the handpiece to a specific area on the skin. It has a specially-designed tip that is placed against the skin in targeted treatment areas. Radiofrequency energy penetrates deeply into the skin’s tissue, and heats the treatment areas to remodel the skin’s existing collagen and stimulate production of new collagen for a more youthful, younger-looking skin overall. Each pulse of the machine delivers customised radiofrequency to every inch of the treatment area, followed by a double cryogen cooling effect.
Laser treatments and other procedures involving radiofrequency are able to tighten the skin and smoothen the skin’s surface, however, no other treatment can deliver heat as deeply as Thermage FLX. A larger treatment tip also generates more heat and energy which allows for faster treatment and greater client comfort.
What are the benefits of Thermage FLX?
- Suitable for use across all skin types & tones
- Multiple treatment areas
- Can be performed on the entire face, such as jawline, forehead, chin area, nasolabial folds, jowls, as well as on the stomach and inner thigh areas
- Provides natural-looking results that continue to improve over time and can last for 1 to 2 years
- See results with only a single treatment
- Depending on the treatment area, one treatment can last between 30 to 90 minutes and delivers excellent results for most patients.
- Other RF devices require five or six treatments for satisfactory results
- Fast and Comfortable
- Designed to deliver maximum results in a short and comfortable procedure.
- Non-invasive - requires no surgery or injections
- Little to no downtime
- Best suited to ages 35+. Available now in Singapore, find out if Thermage FLX is best for you through a consultation with one of our physicians.
- Do note that Thermage cannot be performed within 4 weeks before or after having anti-wrinkle injections.
- You will feel a brief cooling sensation as the Thermage device touches your skin. What follows after is a deep heating sensation for a brief period of time, another cooling sensation again and a gentle vibration experienced on your skin.
- You may experience tingling and a slight stinging sensation during treatment.
- Throughout the procedure, the device’s level of heat sensation will be checked and adjusted accordingly so you can give feedback to ensure better patient comfort while producing maximum results.
Thermage does not affect the outer layers of the skin, so there are minimal side effects or risks.
- It is not suitable for pregnant women due to the radiowave technology.
- However, as no topical anaesthetic is used prior to treatment, it is suitable for breastfeeding women.
- As the treatment is non-invasive, there is no downtime involved.
- However, there may be some mild swelling or redness after your Thermage procedure, which will subside within a few hours.
- You can undergo Thermage as stand-alone treatment as results can be seen in one session.
- However, as the skin continues to age, most Thermage patients choose to return once a year or every two years as touch-up treatments and maintain their results.
- Treatment may take around 30 to 90 minutes depending on the specific areas of concern.
- A full face Thermage treatment takes around 90 minutes.
- Thermage cannot be performed within 4 weeks before or after you get anti-wrinkle injections.
- You can proceed to apply makeup, engage in physical activities and shower as per normal after treatment.
- Sunscreen use is highly recommended. Apply regularly and re-apply frequently to protect the skin from any sun damage post-treatment.