Dry skin is dull, rough and more prone to wrinkles and fine lines. Give “thirsty” and dehydrated skin a mega-dose of hydration with The Clifford Clinic skin boosters.
Why does skin become dry?
Some people are just genetically predisposed to dry skin. However, your skin can also lose moisture because of environment and lifestyle. These include:
- Climate. Humidity, cold temperatures from office airconditioning and sun exposure can all dry out the skin.
- Overcleansing. Harsh cleansers and toners can strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Allergic reactions. Your skin can become itchy and flaky because of a reaction to food, skincare product, or an environmental allergen like dust or pollen.
- Medications. Some drugs used to treat cholesterol and high blood pressure have side effects that include dry or sensitive skin.
- Health conditions. Diabetes, hypothyroidism, eczema and other health conditions can dry out the skin. This may be due to changes in hormone levels.
- Diet. Your body needs nutrients and water to produce healthy skin cells and maintain the natural moisture barrier. Replace fast food meals and diuretics like soda or coffee with fruits, vegetables, fish that have healthy fatty acids, and low-fat proteins.
- Ageing. As we grow older, the skin doesn’t produce as much natural moisture. Our cell turnover and production also slows down. This leads to skin that is dry, rough and prone to flaking.
How can skin boosters help dry skin?
The Clifford Clinic uses Restylane Vital Lite, a skin booster that is made of hyaluronic acid. This ingredient is often called “The Fountain of Youth” because of its ability to retain moisture. One gram or .03 ounces of hyaluronic acid can hold up to six liters of water!
The skin booster program involves micro-injections of hyaluronic acid. This penetrates to the skin’s inner layers, revitalizing dry skin from inside out. Your skin will become smooth and supple.
You’ll also see an improvement in your skin texture. Lines and pores will be less prominent. You’ll also a luminous glow. Moisturized skin is healthy skin… and healthy skin is naturally radiant!
Are skin boosters safe?
Yes. This treatment is FDA-approved and requires no surgery or incisions.
What happens during the skin boosters program?
You will be given three treatment session, spaced 4 weeks apart. Each session takes less than half an hour. Over this time frame you will see your skin become more and more healthy.
What areas can skin boosters treat?
This program can be done for the face, neck and hands.