The rhinoplasty or “nose job” is one of the most popular procedures in the world, but a growing number of people are choosing to take the non-surgical alternative: nose fillers.
What are nose fillers?
Nose fillers involve injecting hyaluronic fillers to enhance the shape of your nose. For example, it can help hide a hump on the nose bridge, increase the height of a bridge, or make the nose tip more pointed.
This is done in the clinic and doesn’t involve any incisions. The procedure is very quick and can be done in as little as 30 minutes (not including the initial consultation). This is what happens:
- A topical anesthesia is applied on your nose.
- The filler is injected.
- The doctor massages the area.
Nose fillers are a lot like other filler treatments used to hide fine lines or augment the chin.
Pros of getting nose fillers
- There is no downtime. After a nose filler, your nose will just a little swelling and mild bruising that subsides within a week. Rhinoplasty is a surgery that can require weeks of healing.
- It is less expensive upfront. Rhinoplasty is a more expensive treatment. Aside from the medical costs, you will need to take time off from work.
- You can try out a new nose shape. Since fillers are not permanent, you can use it as a way to check if you like a nose shape before committing to nose surgery.
- It can help correct a bad nose job. Some people seek nose fillers to correct or revise a rhinoplasty that didn’t go according to their expectations. A second surgery is risky, painful and expensive. So, they regularly get nose fillers to “fix” the shape of their nose.
Cons of getting nose fillers
- You need to get touchups. Nose fillers are not permanent, so if you love the shape of your new nose you will need to get another injection to maintain your look. Nose fillers generally last 9 to 12 months, but there are cases when the shape is well maintained up to 2 years.
- It can’t correct all nose shapes. Nose fillers can’t make a nose smaller, and it can’t dramatically change the shape of your nose tip. However, the nose fillers can help create a proportional nose shape that complements the rest of your features.
Are nose fillers for you?
To find out more about nose fillers and other non-surgical ways to achieve your beauty ideals, visit The Clifford Clinic.