Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Sleep
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder characterized by difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or getting restful and sufficient sleep, even when there is an adequate opportunity to sleep.
People with insomnia often experience one or more of the following:
- Difficulty falling asleep at the beginning of the night.
- Frequent awakenings during the night.
- Trouble returning to sleep after waking up in the middle of the night.
- Waking up too early in the morning and being unable to go back to sleep.
- Non-restorative or poor-quality sleep, even if the person has spent enough time in bed.
Insomnia can lead to various daytime symptoms and consequences, such as fatigue, irritability, difficulty concentrating, and impaired functioning at work or in daily activities. It can also have a significant impact on one’s overall quality of life.
People experiencing insomnia may contend with the following issues:
- Cognitive difficulties, including memory problems and challenges with concentration and thinking. Sleep plays a vital role in facilitating the brain’s ability to establish connections that aid in processing and retaining new information. Inadequate sleep can detrimentally affect both short-term and long-term memory.
- Changes in mood, such as increased irritability, sensitivity, mood swings, and impulsiveness. A lack of sleep can lead to heightened emotional reactivity.
- Impaired balance and a greater likelihood of accidents. Insufficient rest can diminish reaction speed, potentially resulting in a heightened risk of accidents, particularly when driving, due to slowed response times.
- Weakened immune function, which can increase the susceptibility to long-term health issues like high blood pressure and heart disease, as well as mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety disorders, or substance abuse disorders.
How can hyperbaric cocoon improve sleep?
As a reputable aesthetic clinic in Singapore, The Clifford Clinic offers Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to help individuals suffering from insomnia.
The chamber creates an environment with oxygen levels and pressure that are 40%-50% higher than those at sea level. This wellness device submerges individuals in elevated oxygen concentrations, promoting the circulation of oxygen-rich blood throughout the body. Within this high-pressure oxygenated setting, our tissues receive a robust supply of oxygen, leading to advantages like enhanced metabolism, increased vitality, expedited recovery, and more!
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) benefits sleep and overall well-being:
Stress Reduction: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy may promote relaxation and reduce stress and anxiety, which can contribute to improved sleep quality. Stress is a common trigger for sleep disturbances, so reducing stress can indirectly help with sleep.
Tissue Healing: HBOT is often used to facilitate tissue healing and recovery. If sleep issues are related to underlying medical conditions, such as pain or inflammation, the healing benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy could potentially lead to improved sleep.
Increased Energy: Some people report increased energy levels and reduced fatigue after hyperbaric oxygen therapy sessions. If you suffer from daytime fatigue due to poor sleep, increased energy may help you function better during the day and potentially sleep better at night.
During sleep, an individual’s blood oxygen levels might decrease slightly due to reduced breathing. When oxygen intake is insufficient, it can impact all the body’s organs, with particular effects on the brain, heart, and kidneys. There is substantial evidence to suggest that for individuals with low oxygen levels, the addition of supplemental oxygen can enhance their quality of life, increase their ability to exercise, and potentially extend their lifespan. Furthermore, supplemental oxygen may alleviate symptoms such as breathlessness, fatigue, dizziness, and depression. This can lead to improved alertness, better sleep, and an enhanced mood.
In addition to oxygen deficiency, several other factors can contribute to insomnia. It’s important to recognize that various aspects of our daily lives can influence the quality of our sleep. Alongside the benefits of using the cocoon, it’s worthwhile to consider how other aspects of our daily routines may impact our sleep quality.
If you’ve been grappling with insomnia, why not explore cocoon therapy to determine if it could potentially alleviate your sleep challenges?