Hyperpigmentation is commonly faced by many in Singapore. Due to the excess of melanin produced by melanocytes, this skin condition occurs when some skin areas become darker in colour than the surrounding skin. There are several reasons that cause hyperpigmentation such as sun damage, hormonal stress, inflammation, or skin injuries.
Fortunately, there is a solution to reducing and fading stubborn pigmentation without the use of laser treatments or invasive procedures.
What is Cyspera
Cyspera is a skin pigment corrector cream that contains the active biogenic ingredient Cysteamine, a strong antioxidant that is naturally present in the body. It is produced as a result of metabolization of cysteine, a sulfur-containing amino acid that is also present naturally in the body.
Cysteamine can reduce melanin in the epidermis layer of the skin, thus effectively correcting pigmented marks. It helps to remove brown spots and produces a more even skin tone and lighter complexion.
Benefits of the cream includes:
• Well-tolerated and highly bio-compatible
• Superior benefit to risk ratio
• Free of Hydroquinone, corticosteroid, kojic acid, retinoic acid
• Non-carcinogenic, non-mutagenic and non-cytotoxic
• Significant pigment correction effectiveness
How to Apply
1. Do not wash your face before application. If you have washed your face, wait for one hour before application.
2. Apply a thin layer of the cream to the targeted area, once a day as part of your daily routine. Leave it on for 15 minutes only.
3. Wash it off and cleanse your skin thoroughly with soap and water. Pat your face dry gently.
4. After cleansing, apply a moisturising cream to the treated area. Ensure your skin stays hydrated and use a high SPF protection during the day.
Cysteamine cream is safe for prolonged long-term use. It is also clinically-proven to show its significant efficacy and superior benefits as compared to hydroquinone, replacing the latter as the new standard for issues of hyperpigmentation. Its efficacy is linked to the consistency of exposure over a period of time rather than the duration of exposure on a daily basis. Thus, it is crucial that the daily 15 minutes application route is adhered to for the best results.
With consistent once-a-day application, initial signs of pigment correction become visible after 6 weeks. Significant improvements in pigmentation are further achieved after 8 to 12 weeks. Maintain the new complexion with applications of the cream twice a week.
A burning sensation and mild redness may be experienced after application immediately, but it typically disappears after 30 minutes. This reaction is normal and may occur during the initial few days of application. There are no significant side effects aside from light to mild irritation that are reported in very few cases. It is important to carefully hydrate the targeted area with your moisturiser religiously to prevent dryness or irritation.
You can find the Cysteamine cream available in The Clifford Clinic, an aesthetic clinic in Singapore. With its pigment-reducing benefits, the cream can effectively tackle hyperpigmentation like melasma and improve on acne scar removal. There is also a suite of aesthetic treatments catered to various skin concerns such as cystic acne treatment and laser treatments for acne. Book an appointment with us today.