Hair thinning is a common concern for many people. Sometimes, losing hair is an indication that you have poor haircare habits. Indeed, while there are many different factors that can contribute to hair loss, your habits and overall lifestyle are sometimes the ones to blame. Your everyday habits are an equal factor that can play a huge role in your hair’s health.
So, if your scalp is already peeping through your hair, and your ponytail no longer looks as full as before, it may be a sign that you need to make changes to the way you take care of your hair. To help you get started, here are 5 of the most common poor haircare habits that may be causing you to lose more hair than normal.
Washing Your Hair Frequently
You might think it makes no impact but washing your hair on a regular basis is very important for the health of your hair and scalp. Essentially, taking showers regularly helps prevent the buildup of dirt and dandruff that hinder your hair follicles from growing, which may lead to hair thinning. Generally, an average person should wash their hair every 2 to 3 days. However, for those with oily hair, showering should be done at least once every 1 to 2 days.
2. Using Excessive Heat On Your Hair
Exposing your hair to excessive heat through the use of hair straighteners or blow dryers can weaken your hair and result in hair fall. The high temperature of these styling products damages your hair cuticles and hair protein. Aside from this, you should also avoid washing your hair with hot water as this can stress and dehydrate your hair strands and open up the pores on your scalp, which then lead to hair loss.
3. Using Too Many Hairstyling Products
When styling your hair, it is necessary to carefully choose the brands you trust and use as few products as possible. Some hairstyling products that claim to keep your hair intact often contain high alcohol content that can cause great damage to your hair. Because of the high levels of alcohol, these products tend to make your hair brittle and dry. Hence, it is highly advised to avoid using too many hair products simultaneously and carelessly.
4. Having Tight Hairstyles
Tight hairstyles can cause your hair to fall excessively. This is because tying your hair too tightly puts too much stress on your hair follicles and causes them to get damaged. This may result in the breakage of your hair and a receding hairline. Once your hair follicles are damaged, your hair has a tendency not to grow back anymore, and you may develop permanent hair loss that calls for a hair transplant in Singapore.
5. Not Trimming Your Hair Regularly
When hair loss happens because your hair is damaged and vulnerable to breakage, regular haircuts can help it look better. Hair that is trimmed on a regular basis is less likely to develop brittle split ends. Therefore, if you are wondering whether a regular trim is worth your money, the definite answer you are looking for is yes!
Avoid Losing Your Crowning Glory With the Help of The Clifford Clinic’s Treatments
Although hair fall is entirely normal, it can be troublesome, especially if it has already become a daily occurrence and is causing your hair to thin. While there can be a number of factors that cause your hair to fall, your haircare habits often play a huge role in it. As such, it is necessary to always take good care of your hair and avoid the habits that can damage the health and appearance of your precious locks.
If you are looking for the most effective hair loss treatment to help restore the beauty of your luscious hair, look no further than at The Clifford Clinic! We are a trusted aesthetic clinic that offers various excellent hair loss treatments. Here are some treatments you may consider:
- Regenera Activa Hair Transplant Treatment: The Regenera Activa Hair Transplant treatment uses capillary regeneration technology to fight hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. This innovative approach to hair revitalization encourages hair growth by activating dormant hair follicle cells in the scalp and inducing the body’s natural regenerative process. The results? Thicker, denser, and healthier hair!
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant Treatment: By harvesting healthy individual hair follicular units, this procedure helps to resolve the issue of hair loss without any noticeable scarring. Moreover, FUE also typically has a shorter recovery time as compared to other treatment options.
- Bellasonic Treatment: Bellasonic uses high-frequency ultrasound at 1–10 MHz to penetrate the skin. This ultrasound frequency stimulates molecules including glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and heat shock proteins (HSPs), which are related to regenerative processes. In order to considerably speed up hair growth and lessen hair loss, this therapy also helps enhance blood flow and oxygenation to the treated areas.
- Fraxel Laser Treatment: The Fraxel Laser helps promote cell renewal and eliminates old or dead cells from the skin and hair follicles. The elimination of dead cells causes the hair follicles to enter anagen, the active growth phase, which directly promotes the growth of new hair.
Apart from hair loss procedures, we provide a plethora of other amazing treatments, including nose threadlift, laser eye lift, non-surgical eye bag removal, coolsculpting, botox treatments, hand rejuvenation, and acne treatment in Singapore. For more information or to schedule an appointment, feel free to contact us today.